Monday, February 25, 2008

Review: As usual, my love is thin and my commerce is in a bad condition.

Let's play a matching game. I'm going to give you 5 sentences without translation. Then I'll show you the kanji compounds that I'm interested in, and you will have to match them to the English meaning.

Please turn off Rikaichan for the duration of this review. And don't worry if you don't understand/remember the whole sentence. The point is to get a feeling for the kanji compound from contextual clues.

Sentences:

相変わらず、東大生は、難しく考えるねぇ

愛していると言ってくれ

お腹の具合が悪い。

中国で大規模な商業が営まれるようになったのは、唐王朝後期のことである。

眠りが浅い

Compounds/kanji:

1.相変わらず

2.愛する

3.具合

4.商業

5.薄い

English

a. commerce, trading

b. love

c. thin

d. condition

e. as usual

Match the English to the compounds. The answers are in the comments section.

1 comment:

chovak said...

Answers:

1 - e

2 - b

3 - d

4 - a

5 - c